An in-state executor can be a little simpler

When you make a will, one of the people you name is the “executor” (sometimes called a “personal representative”) to take care of settling the affairs of your estate and distributing the assets to your heirs. In Indiana if you name an out-of-state executor, by state law he must post bond for the amount of the estate and have someone who is an Indiana resident (his “designated agent”) to receive notices from the court (IC 29-1-10-1(d)), so it can be a little simpler if your executor is an Indiana resident.

This entry was posted in Indiana law. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s